Last month’s Savvy Social Networking Saturday features shared follow recommendations for several folks who are called to help people just like you. Today’s Feature is focused on one Google Plus Community where you can network and promote openly with like-minded Christian Leaders #GGeneSIS #365withDonnaMJ
SAVVY TIP: Become The Target on Google Plus
How can folks God has called you to serve find you more easily on Google Plus?
- The key is to get involved in active/interactive Google Plus Communities where they hang out.
What types of folks usually hang out in Google Plus Communities?
- For many different reasons, it is a hot spot for authors and bloggers. (Will share more about why in future blog posts.)
- Tech Savvy Folks are the ones who created G+. So you’ll see lots of them there.
- Local Business Owners – I say this because Google’s Search is designed to work better for your business when you have google plus. (The webinar series will share more details about strategic steps to get that working for your biz, too.)
- General or Common Interests: Many times members have specific common interests, and sometimes a more generalized connection, such as being from the same region.
TWO KEY TIPS TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING ANY GROUP
- To get and stay more visible online, focus on and become an active-giving-serving member of a common interest group where the folks God has called you to serve would be located. You may need to do a little research to find out where they are.
- Join a group made up of your peers, but be very clear about why you’re there, which is more for mutually beneficial networking (i.e., referrals) than it is for being visible or actively marketing your biz.
RECOMMENDED: Google Plus Community
- 365WithDonnaMJ Social Networking - A #GGeneSIS Community Moderated Group
- It is open to any/most of your promotional posts.
- It includes a welcome video to explain how it works because it is a lot different than other social networks, but in a totally great way.
- Take a look at the video below.
We invite you to join us.
After you join, here are 3 clear steps for having a great experience in the community:
- See the welcome video to learn how this group works plus our rules and purpose.
- Introduce yourself and share in the discussion thread/s.
- Follow-circle the other members and start checking out their posts and links, too.
QUESTION: What online communities do you like hanging out in most?
Leave a comment and let us know if/where you are already hanging out in the Google Plus Communities or in other online groups.
And please share this blog post and group link and let your friends and colleagues know about it, too.
There are several social sharing tools on this page, and you can also
Shalom to you and yours.
Donna Marie Johnson
Your Social Networking Liaison